TEZOS is a blockchain platform with the support of smart contracts (written in a Turing complete language) that can create tokens and decentralized applications.
- Support of meta-updates: protocols can improve — develop by changing their own code.
- Network improvement suggestions can be made through the management system. The ability to change the protocol by responding to user requests significantly reduces the number of forks and minimizes the risk of a community split.
- Tezos is written in the functional programming language — OCaml.
- On-chain management. Some projects (like Ethereum) have problems with high inflation, which comes from unlimited emission. Tezos has an on-chain management system, so users can suggest changes to the emission model Decisions are made after voting.
- Functioning on the Liquid Proof-of-Stake (LPoS) consensus mechanism. Interesting: the process of creating new blocks here is called “baking” — instead of the usual “mining”. Accordingly, miners are referred to as bakers.
Tezos native blockchain token is tez, the stock symbol is HTZ.