ICP is the Internet Computer blockchain platform token — solutions of the nonprofit DFINITY Foundation. The native ICP token provides gas for the network and allows its holders to vote on proposals that determine the future of the project.
Key Roles of ICP Cryptocurrency
- Network governance. ICP tokens can be locked to create “neurons” — they make it possible to vote and receive rewards for it.
- Production of cycles for the computer. ICP tokens can be turned into cycles – they are used to pay for computing power, in the process, they are burned (like fuel).
- Rewarding the project participants. The network mints new ICP to reward active individuals who keep the network running.
- ICP is listed on Coinbase Pro immediately after its launch and is currently available for trading on a number of exchanges — Binance, OKEx, Tokocrypto, Huobi Global, etc.
- Security. Dfinity assures that the cryptocurrency verification system is superior to the Ethereum system.
- Unlimited scalability.
- Ability to create decentralized applications (DApps).